CBRE supports investors and owner-occupiers with the execution of hotel transactions on the sell- and buy-side, as well as capital raises, from strategy development through to marketing and contract negotiation.
Hotels as special purpose real estateAs operational real estate, hotels are a specialised asset class. Aside from the characteristics of the real estate itself, both the operation and the operator must be analysed, leading to a broader risk and return spectrum. In-depth market knowledge and experienced advisors are crucial, especially in uncertain times. We can assist you in meeting every challenge associated with investing in or selling hotel properties, as well as financing acquisitions, developments and renovation programs, helping you assess the opportunities, leading to well-informed decisions to ultimately deliver the best possible returns, while minimising risks.
Guidance on all types of hotel assetsOur many years of experience allow us to combine operational expertise with up-to-date hotel market knowledge. We cover every hotel segment, from budget and mid-market to luxury hotels in city and resort locations across Switzerland. We advise on the financing, purchase and sale of classic hotel operations as well as resort hotels, serviced apartments, apart hotels and co-living assets. We are also well versed in guiding you through the different operational structures, from leased, to managed, franchised or owner operated.
Data-led market knowledgeThe quality of our advisory service for the financing, sale and purchase of hotel properties builds on our comprehensive hotel market expertise, based on in-depth analysis of market data. Our close links with local CBRE teams mean that our expertise extends beyond the hotel sector, allowing us to provide support and advice for mixed-use properties as well.
Overview of services
- In-depth advice on the sale and purchase of hotel properties, as well as financing of acquisitions, developments or renovation projects (across all elements of the capital structure from equity to senior / junior / mezzanine debt)
- Reliable data and process management of complex deals and single-asset transactions
- Managing structured transaction as well as capital raise processes
- Operational and commercial analysis of hotel operations and the hotel market
- Defining target groups and developing sale and capital raise strategies
- Support contract negotiations and due diligence reviews
- Close cooperation with CBRE capital market teams across every use class and region